Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Big, Fun, Scary Adventure

I'm taking part in nanowrimo.org's Big, Fun, Scary Adventure. I just posted on their forum:

I have a bunch of goals but my Big, Fun, but Very Scary Adventure Goal is this:

- take myself seriously as an artist

Specifically this means:
- start a blog and make entries at least once a fortnight (25 for the year MIN.)
- finish my website and get all my recent work up there
- submit two articles to mixed media magazines
- enter 3 juried exhibitions
- enter at least 10 pieces in the studio school sale
- host an open studio event, even if just for friends and neighbors
- write a business proposal for my art business and figure out how to define and set it up
- work on the painting series' I have in mind - complete at least 3 paintings in each series (it's OK if I twist my school projects to fit this!)
- draw for at least 10 minutes every day


There. I am now suitably terrified. I am. I've spent a long, long time, since the last Ice Age nearly, trying to 'find my thing' when I've known all along what it is, it's just that I'm too darn scared to take it on. Now I'm up against the wall - I have 18 months before our youngest goes to school full time and I need to have a business that's ready to roll by then.


So here I am, starting this blog as somewhere to keep track of the ups and downs and the things I learn. I have no idea where this year is going to take me but I hope it will be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment